Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes is a still life oil painter based outside of Boston, Massachusetts. He graduated from the Hartford Art School in 2003 with a BFA in photography. His highly rendered works can be seen in galleries and collections around the world. Greg explains his current interests: “For the past few years I’ve been working with a number of themes that involve the reflections and visual distortion that various objects create. Glass and metal are two of the predominant materials of choice.

I like the idea that you can achieve natural effects that play tricks on the eye. A successful painting to me is one the really engages the viewer and makes them stop to figure out everything that is happening within the plane of the canvas. This is an ongoing exploration for me and one I hope to continue for years to come. That is one of the great things about art, you can spend years on one idea and still have many different directions to take it in.”





Greg Haynes